Wednesday, February 29, 2012

1 Day Left to MyNoWriMo

The chorus to this Taylor Swift song has been playing in my head ALL DAY and I am about to lose my mind.


It's actually an okay song the first time through. Maybe even the second or third. And hey, after that, every once in a while would be fine. I'm not a Taylor Swift hater. She's got one or three songs that I really like. But right now I want to scream until the sound of blood running out of my ears drowns out the repeating chorus in my head.

(Yeah, I know. That was pretty graphic. It's nothing personal, Taylor, I promise. I used to feel the same way listening to my sister sing when I was six and she was five and SHE NEVER STOPPED SINGING EVER EXCEPT WHEN SHE TOOK HER NAP. My sister is my best friend.)

Still haven't quite decided on what I'm going to write for MyNoWriMo, although I'm almost there. There's this fantasy/steampunky novel that I've been mulling over for a while now, and I'm 80% sure that's what I'm picking.

I kind of want to try to write a piece in a totally different direction from anything else I've done. For example, I really want to write a suspense novel with a fantastic or science fiction element, maybe a freewrite with aliens or monsters or something. Shadowy things scurrying through the dark streets of my hometown... tempting.

We shall see. Prob' going to go with the original fantasy novel.  

I'm so excited to start tomorrow that I might just wake up early to get some wordage in before work. :) Will post first numbers tomorrow night!

4 comments:

  1. Don't forget that monsters and aliens have pets too. Roundish, prickly little critters that leave folds under doormats and carpet and those slimy, smelly trails of ooze that tell of where they've been. (Just thought I'd inject an off-the-wall bolt of creative nonsense into your imagination...my little way of cheering you on from the start line.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jeff. :) Going to be right now... ish.. so that I'll be ready bright and early tomorrow.

      Delete
  2. Good luck! I think this is awesome and I'm looking forward to seeing you cross the finishing line! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Erin.

    Remember how I said I was going to bed early?

    :)

    I got a nosebleed. So now I'm sitting up waiting for it to stop bleeding so I can go to bed. I know. Disgusting. And graphic. Today has just been a graphic day.

    ReplyDelete