Thursday, February 16, 2012

The Lion, The Widget, and A Fire Upon the Deep

That. Is probably the sweetest title I've ever come up with. And I did it really fast, too, because I'm kind of in a hurry right now. :)

First of all: I've been reading this book called A FIRE UPON THE DEEP, by Vernor Vinge. If you love hard science fiction, GOOD hard science fiction, like, Asimov level stuff... you will probably love this book. I say probably because I haven't finished it yet. It's got this epic, sweeping feel to it. I've never read anything like it. The aliens are unbelievably alien... and yet, very human.

Second of all, I'm putting up the 'Followers' widget. :) If you like my blog, my dear readers, you can now follow with ease and convenience. (You can also click 'follow' up in the toolbar. Whatever works for yall.)

Third of all, a lion.


Lions are sweet. This one has blue eyes - cool, eh?

4 comments:

  1. Hard Sci Fi? Like, alcoholic? Or like, HARDcore?
    Lions are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Hard science. As opposed to, say, a space opera like Star Wars. Or space... something... like Star Trek.

      Delete