Friday, February 10, 2012

Stuff... important stuff.

Hi guys. Dashing this off really quickly - got to go to bed, that darned audition is tomorrow and I want to try for eight hours of sleep tonight. BUT, there are some things I want to tell you first.

1. Nathan Bransford has an epically good post up on his blog - go see it. Lots of great information there. It kind of scared me a little, to be honest, especially the three articles he suggests that you not read all in a row or there will be consequences. I read them all in a row, because that's just the kinda guy I am. I suffered the consequences.

2. Taherah Mafi, author of 'Shatter Me' is having a fantastic book giveaway - go and enter. It can't hurt. All you have to do is comment. And I, for one, love free books.

3. I think tomorrow I will impersonate Elmo, if only for a little while. Referring to one's self in the third person for a while is actually good for writers. :)

4. I am considering putting up one of those 'Followers' widgets. What say you, readers of this blog? Should I? Or should I not? (I'm pretty much going to do whatever I feel like anyway, but I'd still like to hear what you have to say about it.)

5. I am also considering taking Poetry Thursday off of life support and allowing it to die, mostly because Thursday is a hard day for me to post and I'm not prolific enough of a poet. (All days have been hard lately, although it should get easier by next week.)

6 comments:

  1. #1: Good luck with the audtion.

    #2: Erin thinks you should definitely impersonate Elmo.

    #3: Go for it. Put up a followers widget. The worst thing that can happen is no one follows you and you're completely ignored like the weird kid in junior high who eats his earwax. No biggie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Joseph followed your advice and impersonated Elmo for the comedic monologue portion of his audition. Joseph also impersonated Emperor Palpatine from Star Wars and Smeagol from The Lord of the Rings. Joseph was very relieved when the nice theatre people laughed. :)

      Okay, all ridiculousness aside... thank you for wishing me luck. :) It went as well as I could have possibly done under the circumstances, and I shall find out in a week. Fingers crossed.

      Delete
  2. And thank you to everyone else who was rooting for me. :) It was nice to have the support!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am loving your blog! Isn't it great to have a place to open up and let your true self out? (Even if you are a nerd :)) I went back and forth many times about the follower thingy, and eventually decided to put it up, because people told me they didn't know how to follow me otherwise. I have decided I absolutely don't care about the number, whether it goes up or down. That helps me not freak out so much.

    Keep up the great work! (And really, Poetry Thursday probably works best for poets who have lots of time on Thursdays. Sounds like you might not be one of those...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blogging IS ridiculously fun. It's such a delightful, open-ending WIP that never has to 'arrive' or 'get to the end'. A WIP that I never have to feel guilty for still being a WIP.

      Love it.

      Okay, that's two votes yes on the Widget. I shall continue to ponder.

      Delete