Thursday, March 1, 2012

MyNoWriMo Day 1

Today went really well. I pounded out 2,025 words this morning in about an hour and fifteen minutes. I was surprised. I didn't know I wrote that fast. The writing is messy as heck, to be sure - I wouldn't show it to anybody in it's current form. But I got my internal editor to shut up and even though Musie was nowhere to be found, I wrote anyway. I'll probably write some more later tonight, but right now I've got other things to do.

Here's my second to last sentence, because the last one was lame. (Thanks to Emily at The Yellow Wallpaper for the idea in her comment to post the last sentence of my daily MyNoWriMo writing.)


"Nothing that powerful should function this far out," said Etton.

10 comments:

  1. Congratulations. I wonder how many words that is per minute, but I'm too lazy to figure it out. Cool sentence to be sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wondered also, but I think I'm too lazy too. :)

      Delete
  2. Yay for you! How did you come up with the name Etton?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I freewrote it. Not sure where it came from. It sounds English, though, doesn't it? Defined as 'Et's Town' maybe.

      Delete
  3. Glad to hear you're off to a good start. I'm rooting for you big time. My ever-present internal editor is so dominant that if I attempted what you're doing [for a whole month!] I'd end up on anti-anxiety meds for sure. I'm drinking to your success! (It's diet soda, but it'll have to do.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a great start! Good luck on your writing month!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey there....again. Since you're all kinds of awesome, I gave you an award on my blog today.

    I know. You're crazy excited.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Over 2000 words?! DAYUM! *Tips hat*

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's an awesome first day. Good job! I can't believe you did that in a little over an hour. I also like the name, Etton.

    I will be checking for updates!

    ReplyDelete