Friday, March 2, 2012

MyNoWriMo Day 2

I'm going to be late for work if I don't hurry... AUGH! But it was a good morning.

2566 words this morning, and a few hundred more last night.

Last sentence:


They rose from their hiding place and ran as fast as they could in the other direction, the sickly-sweet smell of mildew sharp in the air. 



UPDATE:


Can I just say that every time I sit down to continue this project, I have this horrible sinking feeling like I have no clue what to write? Every. Single. Time. It's awful to wonder if I'm going to be able to write another thousand words. But then I write anyway. And every time, after writing, I have this really good feeling, whether I wrote anything good or not. It seems like not. But I'm only two days in. I'm sure I'll write something good eventually.

I wrote 1,945 more words this evening, starting at around 10:00. I got an interesting scene out of it... my two main characters bonded. They still aren't clear in my mind, but they're bonded, by golly. That makes for a total of 4,501 words for the day and 7,029 for the total. I'm a little OCD and I want to write 499 words to make it an even 5,000, but it's 11:39 PM my time, and I've been trying to obtain better sleep habits. So, I'm going to call it quits for today. I might shoot for 5,000 tomorrow.

And guys... your cheers of encouragement are great. I love yall. :)



Last sentence of the night (two sentences, really):


It WAS someone, buried in the rubble. And they were crying out for help.






3 comments:

  1. Ack! I can't believe how wrong I got the title of your blog! Oh....I am laughing and I can't stop....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice second day. You are a rockstar. Nice sentence too, by the way.

    ReplyDelete