Friday, March 9, 2012

MyNoWriMo Day 7

Today... was the hardest day yet. I don't know what happened, but it was like hitting a brick wall while running in the dark. Which is how I write, granted, by running in the dark, that's the nature of being a freewriter. But today, it felt like the drafting was way more like crap than it has been in the past. I'm getting to a point in the story that's hard to figure out again.

Can I just say thank you again for your encouragement? :) The days are hard, but it's so much easier to go on when I remember that I'm accountable to yall. I'd almost feel like I let you guys down if I didn't make it.

Okay, and I have a terrible confession to make. I cheated on my rules... I checked my e-mail this morning before I hit my 2k count, and I didn't get much writing done before I went to work at 8:30. There is no excuse. I am a sinner. I feel like somebody who's cheated on their diet. Please forgive me. :( I tried to make up for it this evening by writing more.

6,165 words, about 400 of which were written late last night before I went to bed.
31,197 words total.


Maylie nodded, grinning. "Oh, of course. Arrogance is for far lesser people."

4 comments:

  1. They do come, those brick walls. Mine's a few yards distant. For me, it's indecision regarding plotting details that stops me cold--not so much knowing where I want to be, but getting the setup right.

    Sounds like you were trucking right along though. Play the movie or watch the book's trailer in your mind, pick a plot thread you may have dropped or discarded, or maybe grab the Irish Spring and stand beneath the shower of inspiration for a spell. Perhaps there's a new character trying to enter the stage or one that needs to take their bow and exit left? It will come to you, I'm sure. It's just waiting to be discovered. Hang in there dude, you're doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the play the movie or watch the book trailer in your mind suggestion... that's actually quite brilliant. I tend to write my books visually anyway, what's to stop a writer from rolling opening credits in their head, and putting in a favorite actor for a cameo appearance somewhere in the middle? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, overall it sounds like you're doing amazing! I do not write that fast at all! Keep on writing, and remember that just getting the words down is top priority. The rest can be dealt with in edits =)

    ReplyDelete