Saturday, April 14, 2012

A Decent Picture

"Now that your camera is working," said the writer's friend, "It's about time you posted a decent picture on your blog."

"What do you mean?" asked the writer. "That picture's decent. I'm modestly dressed and everything."

His friend sighed. "That's not what I meant. It's low quality. The lighting is terrible."

She pulled up his blog and showed him the picture. "See? You can hardly see your face."

"But I already know what my face looks like, silly," said the writer.

"Just do it."

"But they'll see that I'm already going grey..."

"Do it."

"But... oh okay, fine, Miss Bossy."


The writer's friend nodded. "The lighting still isn't great, and your desk is way too cluttered, but at least you're visible. You're not smiling, though."

"Am so. That's my smile."

"Are not. Try again."


"Is that smiley enough for you?"

"That'll work. The leather jacket is a nice touch. Very 'bad boy.' It's almost like you were cool or something."

"Thanks. Twenty dollars, Dillards, on a really good sale. Sometimes when I wear it I pretend I'm Wolverine."

She rolled her eyes. "Does it hurt... when your nerd comes out?"

I made my voice low and gruff. "Every time."

5 comments:

  1. Nah, you look nothing like Wolverine.
    Enjoyed your post though. I like other peoples photo's...looks aren't that important, it's what they write about that interests me.


    http://ladyofmuse.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, the resemblance is uncanny.

    And it's barely grey. Remember what age your mother (and my father) went grey? Much younger than you are now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) I'm sure that Hugh Jackman would be flattered by your comment. ;)

      Delete
  3. "Every time." Hahaha, I read this post earlier today and I've been laughing about it ever since, so it was only fair to come back and comment. X-Men used to be my favorite movie when it first came out, so I watched it enough to remember the quote. Good thing, too, I'd hate to miss a good joke.

    ReplyDelete