Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Libraries

Sitting in a library right now... and I just gotta say, I love libraries. That's all. I hope they never go away. And if they do, then I will be greatly saddened, but I will have prepared for it by gathering together as many paper copies of the books that I love into my own library. It won't be the same, but it'll work.

Isn't this beautiful? Seriously. There's nothing like it.

Okay, that wasn't quite all... you may have noticed down on the lower part of the left column that I have a button there... I'm signed up for Utah Children's Writer's 30 Days, 30 Stories project. Though I must make it known that I do not reside in Utah, though they have some sweet conferences there, most notably the Writing and Illustrating for Young Readers Conference, of which I am a four time attendee.

Anyhoo. My day for the Stories project is the 17th. Which seems like a pretty sweet day for a story, y'know? I've gotta write a poem or a short story, and I want to do something new.

So, what should I write? I'm thinking I want to go the short story route, with something science fiction... either steampunk, space opera, or a combination of the two. That, or a romantic comedy. I'm a diverse sorta guy. Any votes?

1 comment:

  1. "...I love libraries. That's all. I hope they never go away. And if they do, then I will be greatly saddened..." amen to that. time to build those bookshelves for my personal library. you know, just in case.

    ReplyDelete