Wednesday, April 25, 2012

A Silent City - And A Deadline

I've got some serious deadlines looming right now... but I wanted to show you some concept art I've used to visualize the book (which is the thing under deadline right now, and thus, weighing heavily on my mind.)

One of the key locations in this book is a silent city... which I see as being like this...







They were an industrialized society grown out of an ancient city. They had public transit, indoor plumbing, and they had just reached reliable non-flame lighting when they were wiped out. This is where I'll be spending a lot of time... really not a very pleasant place, but deadlines are deadlines and if our characters only ever went to places that we found to be pleasant, then I would be limited to homes, libraries, bookstores, and auditoriums. Well, okay, there are a few other places. :)

Expect spotty blogging for a while. My main deadline is May 5th.


2 comments:

  1. Ooo. Love those images. I hope I get to read your book someday, fascinating setting.

    Good luck with your deadline. Deadlines are both horrifying and wonderful at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, love these pics. Especially the clock one.

    ReplyDelete