Thursday, May 3, 2012

Glad For Rejection

I got a rejection letter! In this day and age of 'if you don't hear from us, it means we didn't want your book' it's nigh unto a joy to get an actual letter - no more waiting around, wondering if your e-mail actually made it to their inbox, wondering if some intern deleted it, etc. etc.

For all you agents out there who take the time to send rejection letters... I sincerely thank you. It is far worse not to receive one. And I feel like a real writer when I do get them. It's like validation... because, hey, every one is proof I'm tryin'.

Thoughts, readers?

6 comments:

  1. A sense of closure is always preferred? Was this for a novel?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, it was for a novel. A weird novel, one of the ones I know will be a difficult sell anyway. :)

      Delete
  2. I agree. It is nigh unto a joy...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is really cool, Joseph! I love that you can look at a rejection letter from a positive perspective - that someone read it and decided that in its current form, it wasn't exactly what they are looking for. Nothing more than that. It's not a rejection of you or even of the piece of work itself. Here's to a few more rejection letters, and then one or two acceptance letters!

    ReplyDelete