Thursday, June 28, 2012

Man Points and How To Earn Them

Guess what? I fixed my car. I'm feeling pretty proud of myself, because I am not really a car guy. But I fixed it anyway.
Thank you, thank you. Now I have grease on my hands, and I feel like a total MAN. Fixing a car, that's gotta be worth at least 10 Man-Points. Depending on the job, it could be worth up to 100 Man Points. But I'm pretty sure my job wasn't worth more than 20. Still, Man Points are Man Points, and they're nothing to sneeze at.

Man Points, in case you were wondering, are points earned by Doing Manly Things. Fixing stuff, lifting heavy objects, grunting, saving damsels in distress... all of these things are worth Man Points. Wrestling alligators, for example. If you win, you get 300 Man Points. That's just to give you some kind of scale.



(Some kind of scale. Alligators. You get it. Okay, so that wasn't that funny. But I'm laughing a little.)

Aaaanyway.

So I earned some Man Points today. Thought I'd share. Now, here's a question for you: If wrestling an alligator is worth a base point value of 300 (with extra points added for the depth of the mud/water and the darkness of the night) then how many points is wrestling with a really, really hard third draft of a novel worth?

I'd say, easy, 450. Because you wrestle with a novel a HECK of a lot longer than you wrestle with an alligator. When was the last time you heard of somebody wrestling with an alligator for MONTHS?

My point exactly.

Okay. Now you must tell me your best Man Point story, and declare the point value of said feat. And the best part is, you don't even have to be a man to earn Man Points.

(Oh, and go to UCW to see my Thursday post. It's a good one.)

10 comments:

  1. How many man points do I get for having 5 kids?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Easily into the tens of thousands. I'm pretty sure you break the bank in that situation. :)

      Delete
    2. Thank you :) . I've always wanted to know how to fix a car. Good job.

      Delete
  2. I'm the go-to gal for spider round up...they just don't bother me at all. (I had a pet tarantula in college.) Do I get extra points for doing it when the 'man' of the house won't?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Manly man points. Does listening to manly rock music and participating in awesome burping competitions count for anything, even just something minor?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I . . . did competitive weight-lifting in high school. That goes under "lifting heavy objects" :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep. Give yourself a few hundred man points.

      Delete