Monday, June 4, 2012

The Real Elizabeth Bennett

This is my copy of Pride and Prejudice.




Fairly normal, wouldn't you say? Commonplace, even?


Ha. Not so much. Please, look a little closer.




Isn't that AWESOME? And now you're wondering... how in the heck did Joseph get the REAL Elizabeth Bennet and Mr. Darcy to sign his copy of Pride and Prejudice? Not to mention Mr. and Mrs. Bennet, Mr. Bingley, Jane, Lady Catherine, and the infamous George Wickham, who accidentally spelled his name wrong?


Well, I'll tell ya.


They put on a production of 'Pride and Prejudice' at a theatre in a nearby town. A small town. A small theatre. (I spell 'theater' the British way, because I like it, and stupid spellcheck is having a fit about it.) Anyway, so I took a friend who is also a girl to this play, and I took my book too, and a pen, and a little unmitigated gall.

They were thrilled to sign.

And that, dear friends, is how you get the real Elizabeth Bennet to sign your copy. Oh, and it doesn't hurt to be devilishly charming, like me. You know how it is... Regency ladies... devilishly charming nerds... ;) By the way, she's quite attractive in person. I'm just sayin'.

For the nerds -  Elendil.



Not the best paint job I've ever done, but I'm pleased with how the gold trim turned out.

3 comments:

  1. Genius, I say. Nerdy, but genius.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At last, someone who sees my genius for what it is! My mom and sister both made fun of me. Okay, it was mostly my mom. But still.

      Delete
  2. That is one of the best idea's I've ever heard. I'm so doing that with the next play I see.

    ReplyDelete