Thursday, June 21, 2012

WIFYR conference fun

Kay, so I met this artist at this conference that I'm at. Her work blew me away. I totally want to have her do a cover for my book. Should I ever self-publish this steampunk novel I'm working on, she's going to be first on my list. You can see her site at www.erikastudio.com. Totally professional, over-the-top brilliant book art.


Also, my workshop presenter, Ann Dee Ellis, is now my new best friend. She's hilarious in person... and her books are sad, but at the same time, they're funny. You can find them on Amazon, of course, but if you want to support indie books they're also at The King's English bookstore, and you can find Ann Dee at her website. She also is on the blog Throwing Up Words.


That's all, really, for today. LOTS OF WRITING TO DO. Loving it. This conference has opened up my writing in such a great way.

11 comments:

  1. This sounds like fun!
    I love Steampunk and can't wait to read your novel!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Megan. I'm doing a total overhaul, so I can kind of say the same thing: can't wait to read my novel. When it's actually good. :)

      Delete
  2. Lots of writing is a great thing. :) Her artwork is pretty cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey Joseph! I finally realized today that Joseph-of-this-blog=familiar-looking-guy-at-WIFYR, so if you saw me watching you awkwardly, it was totally because I was proud of myself for figuring it out :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Right on. I'll have to keep an eye out for you tomorrow.

      Delete
  4. Wow, Erika's portfolio is quite awesome :D Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved Erika's work too. Good luck on your rewrites!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Joseph. So, I tried to find you on Facebook, but do you know how many Joseph Ramirez there are in the world? A lot. Can I ask what your profile pic looks like?
    -Elizabeth Watson (from Mapleton)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are a MILLION Joseph Ramirezez. And you couldn't find me because I am not on Facebook. I'm kinda lame like that. :) But if I had a profile pic on Facebook, I would say 'I'm the really handsome one'.

      Delete
  7. So good to see you at WIFYR, Joseph. And I loved it when you busted out the dance moves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was good to see you too. :) And thanks for signing my book.

      Delete