Monday, July 23, 2012

Steampunk Junkart Project (Continued)

I have another addition to the list of ways you can get the name 'Joseph' wrong. :) This one is pretty funny. I was at a fast food place, and the guy asks me for my name, right?

"Joseph," says I.

"Justin?" says he. Fairly common mistake.

"Joseph," repeats I.

"Josse," he says, and without another word, writes JOSSE down.

I dunno. Maybe I'm a Josse. It's kind of catchy. Not sure what language that is, but he said it 'Yah-SEE.'


Well, I have some more pics of my steampunk junk project. It's been FUN. (Click on any of these pictures if you want to see them more clearly).

 Sorry the light's not so good. But remember these two pieces? A button and a nut. Using E-6000 glue (below) I glued them together. WARNING - E-6000 can give you cancer. Be careful if you decide to use it. It's also incredibly strong.


I was AMAZED at how well the two pieces went together. How cool is that?


It's nice and heavy. Not sure what I'm going to do with it yet, but I have a few ideas.


These three pieces all went together. Right now they have no glue. One's an old bent washer, another is a button I got at a department store, and I have no idea what the other one is. But they all fit each other quite well.



Another two pieces that just happened to fit each other.


Here are the five... whatevers. (I've got a vague place, but I'm also making a lot of this up as I go along.) They've got to sit for 48-72 hours so the glue can set fully. That feels like FOREVER. Good things take time.

Here is another element that I'm going to involve somehow.

It cost me $1.00 at a thrift store. But look at all of that METAL.



And here's a sneak peek at something that may or may not be involved in my vague plan.


Beautiful mug. It didn't have a price on it, so the guy at the antique store said that I could just have it. I'm a fan of the design on the side, and I like the interesting handle.

1 comment:

  1. As in your previous post, I'm a huge fan of Steampunk...and your second last photo looks so much like a dragonfly! {I've a weird imagination!}

    I was looking around for some Steampunk junk, and found this....I'll put it on my next post!

    ReplyDelete