Friday, August 10, 2012

THE DEVIL IN THE WHITE CITY by Erik Larson... is very well written.

Remember Jodie, my sushi friend and alpha reader? We're also book buddies. We loan each other books from our personal libraries, recommend books that we love, and sometimes go to bookstores and wish we had a thousand dollars worth of bookstore gift certificates. :) Isn't it nice to have a friend who loves literature? Seriously.

She highly recommended this book to me.


Well, I found a paperback copy at a thrift store for $2.00! I had to rescue it. So I did. And now I am reading it. I have so little time to read these days, but the beautiful, haunting writing has brought this book to the top of my list VERY quickly. I can't recommend it yet because I am a long way to finishing it, but I gotta say, if you want something that is written with amazing skill, THE DEVIL IN THE WHITE CITY is a book to consider.


No comments:

Post a Comment