Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Productive Insomnia + How To Build a Wiki for Your Book

Yes.  Insomnia can be very productive. During last night's waking hours I did the following things:

- Figured out how to put pictures into the worldbuilding Wiki that I'm constructing.
- Made an entry for my main character
- Did research for a desert culture I'm inventing
- Wrote three pages of a new book!!!

I'm telling you, folks, there's a lot to be said for this insomnia thing. Don't knock it 'till you've tried it. :)

 Hey, and if you want to build a Wiki for your own worlds, I use WikidPad, which is free software that you can download from Wikipedia. Just google 'wikidpad' and you should find it. It's quite useful for building an encyclopedia or a story bible. Especially since I figured out how to put pictures into it, I can put all of my notes into one place, making them easily accessible. So nice.

WikidPad. Do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment