Friday, November 2, 2012

The Difference Between Cowardice and Bravery

Fortune favors the bold. And sometimes the stupid.

I've just been thinking about this sort of thing a lot, and I've decided that today I'm going to be bold with something in my personal life, to whatever end it leads to. Because, see, timidity may keep a person from getting hurt... but to heck with that.

Good things never come easy. Faint heart never won fair lady. Steel requires fire to become itself. A coward dies a thousand deaths, a brave man only one. And what is the difference between cowardice and bravery?

It's not fear.

It's whether you let the fear direct you or not.

And, if disaster should strike as a result of boldness?

Well. If I never try, then I never find out what might have happened. Sticking to the status quo? Pfff. Heck with that.

1 comment: