Monday, January 20, 2014

A Buzzer Story

In times past, I would not have described myself as being foolish or impulsive, but as I get older and start caring less, I've become quite an impulsive, do-it-before-you-realize-how-stupid-it-is kind of guy. You know that stage that teenagers go through where they just do stuff and can't offer an explanation afterward?

Yup. Still a teenager.

It's been VERY interesting seeing people's reactions to the result. Or should I say, reaction, singular. Because there has really only been one question asked of me, over and over.

'Why did you shave your head?'

And just between you and me... I HAVE NO IDEA. I just... well, I had the buzzer in my hand, clipping my own hair because I'm a poor college student and I'm too cheap to pay someone else to do it, and I just thought 'Who cares?' and brrrzzzzzzzzzzzzzt, I shaved my head.

But I didn't stop there. No... I couldn't. I just couldn't. I lathered up my head and took a razor to it, and now I'm not only bald, I'm shiny as my mom's kitchen floor bald. 

And the trick, my friends, is coming up with creative answers to the inevitable question: 'Why did you shave your head?'

Here are my best ones so far.

1. I needed to 'clear my head'. Poorly executed plays on words are my favorite kind.

2. I'm trying out for the part of 'Daddy Warbucks' in the local community theatre production of 'Annie'. Hope I make it!
Because that's how you tell the serious, dedicated actors from the wishy washy wannabes.

3. It really brings out my eyes. My eyebrows being the only hair left on my entire skull, of course it brings out my eyes.

4. Captain Picard rocks the Gleaming Dome - why should he have all the fun? Don't ask silly questions, Mr. Worf.

I need more answers, though. So share with me your best excuses for shaving a head!

1 comment:

  1. Personally, I've never shaved my head. Never had any desire to either. That being said, I'm sure it would be an excellent way to experience the full glory of Idaho winters without any additional covering to keep your noggin warm. Just a guess though. Hope you're doing well!

    ReplyDelete