Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Rusty Clanton: Novels



Right now, this is the song. It's by a small-time indie artist named Rusty Clanton. The fact that I know who he is and listen to his music pushes me dangerously close to being a hipster. You have to forgive him for not having a Brendon Urie voice - he doesn't, and I bet he'd be the first to admit it.

But his music is so honest that I keep going back to it.

This is on the soundtrack to my life today. Well done, Rusty.



In a world of places 
let's go somewhere we haven't gone.
we've got younger faces 
than our hearts are letting on.
and we won't place 
any stock in old days.
Lets save up for something new.
Someday I won't have to wait for you

what if I asked, 
what if I asked you to stay?
what if if cost 
you your heart 
and your last name?
and we won't place 
any stock in old days.
lets save up for something new.
someday I won't have to wait for you.

and when we sleep at night 
I hope that we write novels in our heads 
of what to tell the other when we wake.
and when morning comes 
before we're done 
with volumes left to choose 
let's say "I love you.".
just "I love you". 
"I love you."
and "I love you too."

No comments:

Post a Comment